Monday, June 1, 2015

May 25, 2015   The Island, Poutine, and a Barbeque

Hello Family and friends!
Meghann took us for Poutine.
Wednesday- Meghann took us to get Poutine (Sister Lindquist's first poutine) We went out to Long Sault.  Poutine is made up of fries, covered in gravy with  fresh, local St. Albert's Cheese curds. And according to everyone the most important part is the "Gravy", the gravy makes or breaks the poutine. It was really fun and we were very appreciative of Meghann taking us out to the best place in the area.
Sister Lindquist's first time trying poutine.


Transfer calls were Saturday. I will be spending my 7th Transfer with Sister Lindquist in Cornwall. Which will put me at a tie for the longest serving missionary in Cornwall. I'm excited, there is a lot to do here and a lot of people to help. I've been thinking about the song, " I'll go where you want me to go" and I think that the words, "I'll stay where you want me to stay dear Lord" should be included. I realize that this is the Lord's time and that he can put me, or keep me wherever he wants. I know that he knows best and that his plan is always better that we can ever imagine. I trust God and in his timing and so I'm excited to be able to spend more time with the people I love here in Cornwall, and to see what the Lord wants us to do.


We also barbequed with Sister Gaudet.



 This weekend we had some really great lessons with Ash and Luke, who are both really progressing, and I feel so blessed to be apart of their journey.
Sunday was great, we had ward conference. We snapped a quick picture with Sister McDonald-who we just love!​




We also ventured off into a new part of our area- Cornwall Island. To be honest I was terrified that we were going to get stuck over there because you have to go pass Canada customs to get back to Cornwall. But we put our trust in the Lord and headed over there. We found a great service opportunity over there, so we were very excited.  It is really beautiful over there, so I took a few pictures.

Stop sign in Mohawk- We were told that they don't have a word for stop so it actually means stand.
 

Love you all! Hope you have a fabulous week!
Sister Rawlings

No comments:

Post a Comment