Monday, October 20, 2014

10/20/2014

Hello Everyone,
Can't believe another week has flown by. Where has the time went?
This week I ate my first Poutine! For those who don't know what that is... fries..gravy..cheese curds-kinda diabetes in a dish but really good! I  helped teach a lesson that was taught in about four languages...we were on my first exchange and before we left for Cornwall we taught a family in Montreal, the family was from Croatia and the families members spoke many different languages so the lesson  was part Croatian, part French, English and Spanish!

 This week the work in Cornwall just took off!  We got 7... yes, you heard that right, 7 new investigators! A ​family of four, one from a knocked house and two from one of our other investigators families! Out of that 7, 5 came to church!! The ward, as well as Sister Gonzalez and I were so excited! I felt happier than a kid on Christmas!

Something that I really noticed this week, is how God is constantly leading us to people or places of where we need to be. This was very present in our new investigator, Charlie. We had a lesson with a potential investigator we met on the street and while we were walking there we saw this man sitting in his sun room and we waved and we both got this very strong impression that we should go talk to this man.  He talked to us for a good 15 mins, where we gave him the Book of Mormon and we scheduled a return appointment two days later (Saturday). When Saturday came we got to know him and talked about the Book of Mormon and invited him to come to church. He accepted and he came! It was great! He even had two really good friends who are already members! At the end of Church, he even told our ward mission leader that he wanted to come next week!

Four of our other new investigators were a media referral family, who we called and they set up an appointment with us. They are so golden! They drove all the way to New York just  to see the new movie, Meet the Mormons, and the church historical sites in Palmyra! They are a great family and I feel so grateful that the Lord placed them in our path. Something that I love that they said is " We love how in the church it isn't just something that you do on Sunday, it's a way of life." I loved that! How often should we remember that in our own lives, that we not only live our religion on Sunday but show it in our day to day actions of everyday.
Love
Sister Rawlings
P.S.I got my official Winter Coat! So now you all don't have to worry about me freezing to death :)
My district and Poutine.

Heartattacking!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment