Monday, September 22, 2014

9/22/2014



Well everybody! I'm here! Can't believe it, I still feel like everyday is a dream! It's been two weeks since I emailed so I have a lot to say, so hold on tight! The last week in the MTC flew by! So on Tuesday we got to Montreal with the biggest group of missionaries to come into the mission ever(29 of us)! The following morning President Patrick took us to the Mount Royal which overlooks the city of Montreal and it was beautiful! It was super powerful because we read section 4 from the D&C all about missionary work on how the field is ready to harvest while we gazed at the city before us. Afterwards we gathered together in the mission office and we were assigned our trainers and our first areas! Not gonna lie it is a weird feeling right before not knowing who or where your going to be be and be with for the next 12 weeks! One elder explained it like this, "it's like an arranged marriage!" haha. But I couldn't be more blessed with my companion and area. I'm serving in the Cornwall Ward, it's a large area, it's about 2 miles from the U.S. border and is famous for being the hometown of Ryan Gosling. The people are so sweet and kind and they speak English! So that's nice to be able to communicate with them. The ward covers the city of Cornwall (about the size of Idaho Falls) and surrounding area. My wonderful companion is Sister Gonzalez, she's from Utah and has been out for 7 months!   She's the best trainer and I feel so blessed to be here with her! Funny story, I've actually read her blog before I came out on my mission so that was fun!  With such a big area we have a car.  In my few days here I've already met so many amazing people. I already feel such a love for the people it's amazing!
A small miracle that happened this past week, we were visiting former investigator from a while back and when we knocked on her door and asked her if she wanted to learn more she said yes! She seemed really interested,  so I'm super excited to see where this goes. 

We meet really interesting people this week while we street contact, we met a medium, a Catholic deacon and a lady who believes in Mythology. When we asked the medium if she believes in God she was like, "I got a direct line." and the other lady was like "I believe in many god's and goddess and they all live inside me." It was interesting.Everybody is super nice though, and it's true, people in Canada really do say "Aye!"
 Something that has been hard for me is bus contacting. It's hard, you get on the bus and you just strike up a conversations and while your talking everybody else on the bus just stared at us... it's kinda funny actually and we try to get others joining in on the conversations. One guy started talking to us and come to find out he thinks we're Jehovah Witnesses, so that was interesting talking about how were different. 
To be honest I didn't like how everybody stared at us but than I read this quote by President Monson, that says "Dare to be Mormon, Dare to Stand Alone,Dare to have a purpose firm, Dare to make it Known." I really have been thinking about that because our message is true and our mission is divine and we should be not be quiet to share what we believe because everybody deserves the message that we have. I don't want to get to heaven and have someone ask me why I didn't share with them the message of the Gospel. I don't want to be the reason that they didn't receive the gospel and all the many blessings that comes through the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know it makes a difference in lives and it  is the surest way to happiness in this life and in the life to come.
 Love, 
Sister Rawlings  

                                           My old MTC Sisters.
                                      My new mission companion.


No comments:

Post a Comment