Tuesday, August 26, 2014

8/26/2014 #3 Mission Letter

I can't believe it's been three weeks! I'm half way done with my MTC experience! I remember everybody telling me how their mission was the hardest, yet most fun time. I didn't fully understand it, but I feel like now I know. This week has been hard, but at the same time I have had some great memories! Everybody asks us if time goes by slow or fast here and to be honest it's both... the days feel like months but the days are just flying by! It's crazy to think that in three weeks we will be flying to Canada!

This past week we got four new districts in the French Speaking zones which was super exciting but sad to see our friends leave.

I wish I had some super exciting
story to share, but this week was just like last week, we go to class and we teach, we eat, and we study the scriptures and meet new people. The only difference was that we spoke a tad bit more
French and less English than last week. I leaned how to say the "struggle is real" in french...haha! Went to the temple with the girls in my zone and it was amazing.  Had to pray during sacrament meeting...in French... but it went well!

During dinner one of the elders made a wrap, but they were out of a lot of things so he had a tortilla, salsa, peppers, crutons and feta cheese....it was hilarious to watch him eat it.
During gym we decided to play volleyball with some of our friends, and near the end of gym time I hit the ball and I popped a blood vessel in my thumb! (don't worry mom, I got ice and it was healed in the morning.

I don't know if I shared this with you but me and Soeur Willis were teaching our first lesson to Bruno aka Frere Kunzler and we invited him to be baptized. He told us that he had already been baptized as a child, so we turned to a scripture and he read it and it was my turn to explain what the scripture meant, so I started by saying babies don't need baptism because they are pure and have no sins... so sins in French in peches...with some accents above the e's but I pronounced it wrong and instead I said, "babies are pure and have no peaches....." lol. My teacher cracked a smile, and I eventually correctly pronounced the letter.

 Well that's my week in a nutshell....

Love Soeur Rawliings
P.S. I have two pictures of my district at the Provo Temple and a selfie at the temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment