Saturday, February 6, 2016

2/1/2016
My Dear Family and Friends!
Where has the time gone! As I am reminiscing on the past 18 months of my mission there has been a phrase that keeps coming back to my mind... Je Me Souviens. 
This is one of the first phrases that I learned in French on my mission. Everywhere in Quebec you see it, predominately on every Quebec Licence plate. The direct translations is "I me remember" or "I remember." Looking back on my mission and seeing familiar faces of missionaries, members-I feel like I'm saying a lot of, "Je Me Souviens" 
Looking back on the past 18 months it has been quite an adventure. Filled with excitement, faith overcoming fear, challenges, laughing so hard until your crying, feeling the Spirit guide you and seeing and helping peoples life change. I'm not gonna sugar coat it, its been one of the hardest and growing times of my life but looking back
Last District Meeting.
​I wouldn't change it for anything. I have such a testimony that the Lord has guided me in my mission and that he gave me the experiences to help me become who I am supposed to be and even more he allowed me to play a small sliver in helping others in recognizing and going towards their true potential as children of God.  
Though this one chapter of my life is ending, this is just another chapter of the beautiful story of life..... and on to another adventure!
Love Sister Rawlings
P.S.  And of course  I have to thank you all-it wouldn't have  been the same without all of your faithful examples, letters, emails, and encouragement! So thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment