Monday, September 21, 2015

9/15/15
 Bonjour!
             What an  truly amazing week! I know that I say that pretty much every week but it was especially true this week!
             We had a very spiritually packed past couple of days. We had zone conference yesterday. We were shown segments out of the General Authority Training of April 2015, which was awe inspiring. The one topic they picked was the Sabbath Day.  
            I have pages of notes, but the one phrase that stood out to me was, "What Sign are you showing to God by your Sabbath Day observation?" 
           In  Exodus 31:13 it says,  "seek thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my Sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the Lord that doth sanctify you.
           And in  Ezekiel 20:20 "And hallow my Sabbaths; and they shall be a sign between me and you, that ye may know that I am the Lord your god. "
           I truly gained a deeper understanding and appreciation for the Sabbath day with the relation of the importance of the Sabbath and the things that we choose to do and not do on the Sabbath which  shows the the Lord what this Holy day means to us. 
           I have truly felt a change in sacrament meeting and a deepened appreciation for the important place that Sunday has in our Spiritual Development. 
           Sunday was a truly delightful day, we had one of our investigators come to church and were present for our special third hour on the Temple in preparation for the dedication in November!:)  My love for the temple grew even more as we explained to this investigator the temple and showed her different pictures of what she called the "Chateaux" ( palace or castle). We later had a very spirit led lesson with a member  on the plan of salvation later that night and she set a baptism date for October:)  
 Je t'aime 
Soeur Rawlings
 p.s. Well it's official, Sister Meldrum (who is Canadian) is rubbing off on me. I have found myself saying "eh and eh" more and more! #1 year in Canada  

No comments:

Post a Comment