Monday, April 6, 2015

4/6/2015

Elder Ballard has said,"Become a CREATOR OF CIRCUMSTANCES instead of a CREATURE of circumstances."

   This simple phrase is one that I have heard since the beginning of my mission, but one that I feel like I have come to truly understand in the past couple of weeks...and apply in the past couple of days.

    Being a creature means that we let others dictate are happiness, productivity, success,  attitude
, obedience, etc.
    Becoming a Creator, instead of a Creature means that we can't rely on external things, people or events in our life to bring us happiness. Instead we must find  happiness in whatever life has brought us or not brought. It means choosing to find the good and be happy no matter where we are, who we're with or what circumstances may be around us. 
      As General Conference
 was here this week, I thought about what I can personally do to apply and change what I have learned. To Create Success and not hope that it will magically appear around me.  We really worked hard this week and were really blessed. Personally I worked on (and am still working on) becoming a creator and not a creature. After a lot of hard work this week, The Lord provided 3 new investigators for us this week. Which were all miracles in and of themselves. As we meet with these people I was reminded that we are here to truly find those who are starving for the gospel. It is such a fulfilling week to have people pose many questions and to be able to say, "We have the answers for you!"and to see them say, "I always thought that!" or "It makes sense now!" I feel so blessed to be a missionary at an extraordinary time on the earth---to be part of the Lord's Work. 
Love you all! 
Soeur Rawlings
 

No comments:

Post a Comment