Thursday, July 24, 2014

The Call.....

On March 2014 I opened my mailbox and there sat a large white envelope addressed to Sister Mackenzie Lynn Rawlings. One excruciating long day later I opened it in front of many of my family and  friends and it read as follows,

Dear Sister Rawlings,
You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Canada Montreal Mission.You should report to the Missionary Training Center at Provo, Utah on Wednesday, August 6th  2014. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the French language...
 Now i'm not gonna lie, I was shocked! I was convinced I was going to North Carolina. Now for those of you who don't know, it has always been my dream to serve in Quebec and to speak French! I guess dreams do come true! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment